- Too much love is never a bad thing.
- It isn't really about me.
- They need my love more than I need to be spared the pain of saying goodbye to them.
- Better to have loved and lost then never to have loved at all.
- I'll never regret loving a child, especially not one who needed me so much.
- Believe it or not, the pain doesn't kill you.
- Kids need to be loved. I'll survive.
- Well, someone has to attach to these kids. Might as well be me.
- It's not easy, but it's worth it.
- Why do you say that?
Every single foster parent has heard some variation of the "I could never do that, I'd get too attached," comment. Fellow foster parents - this one's for you. Here are some fresh responses to keep in your back pocket:
Happy lady. Busy mom (biological, foster, adoptive). Awesome wife. Writer. Public speaker. Previous (and hopefully future) world traveler. Gentle parenting advocate. Tree-hugger and all-around do-gooder. Follow me at www.Facebook.com/Jasmine.Dee23.
Grab My Button!
Everything on this site is based on the experiences of one foster family, and stories we've heard from other foster parents. Your experiences may be vastly different. Please remember that rules and regulations vary greatly from area to area, so always check the laws that pertain to your unique situation.